Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 18th email

Sorry for the late email! We moved our P-Day to Thursday this week so that we could go up into DC before the transfer ended. We had planned on emailing when we got back but we had a teaching appointment reschedule last minute that we had to go to instead. So we moved our emailing hour to today instead haha. The library is closing early today though so really it's more of an emailing half-hour so I'll have to keep it kind of short for today. Mothers day was awesome though! It was so great to talk to my family and Shon on Sunday! I really am blessed to have the support of the best family ever back home haha. I got a nice little tour of the house (still looks the same haha) which included the backyard and pool that I can't swim in... I really have been wishing I could swim in it this week though haha it has been dang hot! Humidity no good at all. I'll stick to the western dry heat for sure haha. So probably the weirdest part about Mothers day though was it being my second call home out of the 4 I get. Which means that I'm already halfway done with all my calls home haha how crazy is that? We have been getting in some major bike riding this week though! This past Wednesday alone we put in 18 miles and every other day we did just a little more than 10. We are so dead tired haha. P-day in DC was awesome though. We went to the Smithsonian National Zoo and man was it cool! It was the perfect day for it too because it wasn't too hot. I got a bunch of really good pictures that I will send home for sure before too long. The only downside was that at 12 they closed down over half the Zoo's exhibits for some special event thing and we got there at 11 :/ but what we actually did get to see was really cool. They had a couple of bird atrium things, one inside and one outside, that they just let all sorts of cool birds fly free in that we got to go walk around the inside of, that was way cool. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had been to a Zoo haha. We went to Sea World awhile back but that's not quite the same as a Zoo (I think Sea World might be better personally haha). Well I better wrap it up for the week, but when it's P-day in a few days I'll update you a little more on how all our investigators are doing and such. I hope all is well back home! Love and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment