Monday, December 3, 2012

A Great Week Here in Centreville 1st!

We sure have had a great week here in Centreville! We had a lot of great lessons and some great progress with a woman we have been teaching for a long time now! She and 4 other people we are teaching all came to church this Sunday, it was awesome! We think that she'll understand what we are talking about a lot better now that she's been to church before, it was her first time coming. I got put in charge of entertaining her two kids so that she could listen to the speakers. One little boy who is 4 years old and all over the place, I probably looked at every picture in my Gospel Principles book with him 2 or 3 times by the end of sacrament meeting haha. By the end of it he started to figure out which one Jesus was in each of the pictures, which made his Mom really happy haha. The other was a little 7 year old girl who was much easier to keep busy because she appears to have a crush on me haha, so all I had to do was give her my study journal to draw pictures and let her lean on my arm the whole time haha. We think it really helped the woman we were teaching focus on the people speaking, she really seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully they make it back next week! We also started teaching a few new people this week, which is always good news haha, one is the boyfriend of a member who has just recently started coming to church and the other is an 18 year old boy who is the friend of a family in the ward. Both first lessons with each of them this week went great. We're really looking forward to teaching them some more. Something else cool that happened this past week though that I always enjoy is I got to go on an exchange over to the Spanish Elders' area again this Friday and Saturday. That was now my third exchange with the Spanish Elders here so I'm getting a little better at sharing the Gospel in Spanish but still not too much better haha. I was able to bear testimony in Spanish though at our lesson Friday night, Elder Ursenbach (my temporary Spanish companion for the exchange) was teaching them about what sounded like the Law of Chastity because I had heard them use the word "Fornacacion" a few times haha, so we were reading a few scriptures with the couple from the book of Mormon about it and I was able to say afterwards in my not so great Spanish "Yo se este Libro es la Palabra de Dios y es verdad, es por Usted y por Usted y es verdad" Which translates to "I know that this book is the Word of God and it's true, it's for you (looking at the one) and for you (looking at the other) and it is true." It was a very cool experience and I'm pretty sure that because of that they both thought that I could speak Spanish because they asked me to say the closing prayer, which I definitely don't know how to do in Spanish haha so I had to ask them if it was okay if I said it in English, which they said was fine haha. Then the next morning I was able to give out a Book of Mormon in Spanish too, which was a lot easier haha just "Quire este Libro?" or "Do you want this Book?" haha. It was a fun exchange though. Well that's about it for this week! I hope everyone is having a great week back home wherever you are! I love and miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment