Monday, January 28, 2013

January 14th email-Busy Week!

Well it sure has been a busy week here in Centreville! We had zone conference this past Tuesday and it was awesome. We talked alot about the importance of commitments and following up regularly with those we leave commitments with. We also had a LOT of new changes and rules by President Riggs that will really help the mission as a whole I think. Man are they going to take some getting used to though haha. Probably the hardest one will be making sure that every lesson we have beyond the first visit needs to be done either in a member of the Church's home or in an actual church building. That's going to be hard to get people to comit to I think haha, but we will puch forward and do the best we can with it! I'm sure great success will come from it in time. So in addition to zone conference this week we also had zone training, which was just a review of all of the things talked about in zone conference. We were at those two meetings for a total of 10 hours though haha it was crazy. We had some great members take us out to dinner this week at a place called "Bonefish Grill", I'd seen it around but had never gone (it's super expensive) it is a seafood place that specializes in grilled fish. They both highly reccomended that we get the North Atlantic Swordfish, how cool is that? Swordfish! It was really really good! We also got to have some king crab legs as well, it was like heaven haha. Such an awesome dinner! Now I can say that I've tried swordfish! We also had some really great success with some people we've been teaching, we were teaching this young man that we've been visiting for awhile and he is great. He wakes up and goes to seminary every morning, mutual every week, and church every Sunday; he's awesome! So we knew he was definately feeling the spirit while he was coming to all of these things, because what else would drive an 18 year old high school senior to wake up at 5 every day to go to a church? haha. We weren't sure if he recognized that it was the holy ghost though so we decided we would have a lesson with him about it and we started off by asking "So how do you feel when you come to church?" and he said "I feel good. And I was thinking about it this past week and I feel good when I go to mutual, when I go to church, when I'm at seminary, and when I'm around members of the church, and I realized.. that it's the holy ghost!" So we were like holy smokes, lesson over haha it was awesome. He's a great kid and all he is waiting for now is a confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true and then he said he would like to be baptized! Well that's about all for this week! I hope everyone is having a great week wherever you all are, I love and miss you all lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment