Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow! January 28th

Well as I'm sure you have guessed from the subject, we got snow this week! A pretty good amount of it too! Only about an inch each time, but that's still good enough for me haha. Man it's a little tough riding our bikes in the snow though, that was a first for me. I also got to experience my first bike crash! I enjoyed it so much that I did it 2 more times within crashing the first time haha. Luckily I'm not hurt bad at all, just a little sore. Turns out riding on ice is really difficult haha. I will just be riding and then all of a sudden my bike slips out from underneath me and the bike and I slide for a little bit together haha. I have done that a total of 4 times now haha. I go over a year straight of riding on my bike with no crashes and now 4 within the same week! Hopefully I don't keep that up haha. This week has really been a good one though, we have been having a hard time having very many lessons because of the new rule of having all of them at members homes or churches, but the lessons that we have had have really been going great! We gave Ben a few of his friends a tour of the church this Saturday, which really went well, and had a lesson with him and a friend of his afterwards. He such a good guy, he just shares the gospel with everyone! Just like it's second nature to him or something haha. He has now added goingon a mission to his bucket list though and a year from this Saturday he hopes to start on his papers and get going with it! We also went to the temple visitor's center with him and his Mom yesterday and had a great time. We got to tech his mom so much about the church, hopefully she will be interested in continuing to learn more! Transfers are this thursday though and I am sure that I will be gone, I've been here 6 months straight now, I would stay here the rest of my mission if I could though! This area is awesome. Even if I do get transfered though I should be able to come back for Ben's baptism on saturday, so that'll be good. So overall it has really been a great week here in Centreville! Hopefully next week my email will still come from Centreville haha. I hope everyone has had a great week wherever you are! I love and miss all of you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment