Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Great week here in Quantico!

Well it's been a great first week here in the Quantico ward! Elder Eaton and I are really getting along great and little by little I'm learning my way around the area. A bummer this week though is that we lost our van! Our area had a mini-van instead of a car so that we could give missionaries a ride to transfers but there are a few missionaries down in Fredricksburg that need it to get their district to district meetings every week because they area all bike Elders besides them haha. So we got their Corolla instead and man is it beat up haha. We spent 4 hours in the shop on Wednesday getting it fixed up. It's all good now though! Besides that our week has consisted of a lot of finding efforts haha. A few of the people we have been teaching dropped us this past week so we are currently in the market for new people to teach, we spent lots of time knocking on doors and asking members if they have any friends that might be interested in meeting with us. So far not a ton of luck though haha. We are really gaining the trust of the local ward here and I'm sure in time we'll see some success! Regardless of our lack of people to teach I still love this area! We've heard that throughout this past week all the places north of us have really been getting hit hard by some snow but nothing here, a little chilly and windy, but no snow yet. A big plus to the week though was all the Valentines day packages I've gotten already! haha I was really surprised because I didn't realize just how close Valentines day is. I think that will be just a normal day of missionary work for us, President Riggs hasn't said anything about it being otherwise. So I think I'll probably just take Elder Eaton out to a romantic dinner or something haha. Well not too much to report this week unfortunatelly! Just lots of finding and meetings haha. We had a 8 hour meeting on tuesday we had to go to with all the other zone leaders about changes to be made in the mission, nothing too crazy came out of it haha. I hope everyone is having a great week wherever you are though! I love and miss you guys lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment