Thursday, May 23, 2013

What an awesome week! Happy Mothers Day! 5/13

What an awesome but busy week it was here in Woodbridge, we had some sort of meeting almost everyday this past week haha. Tuesday was our zone training day, which went awesome. We related the story of Nehemiah rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem to us rebuilding our mission and the missionaries loved it. Then Wednesday we spent the day (from 7 AM to 6 PM) doing interviews with President Riggs. While one companion was meeting with President the other was meeting with us, so it was a great opportunity to get to know each of the missionaries in our zone. The Thursday was exchanges with some missionaries, they went great and then the weekend came! And man oh man was it one of the best weekends of my mission! The baptism of the Giacomini family went awesome! They loved it and had great support from the ward, we had around 80 people there. They only hiccup was I had to baptize Nicole three times haha the first time she didn't go under all the way, so they said to do it again, so we did it again but I didn't say the baptismal prayer (didn't know you had to say that over again haha) and then finally the third time and after saying the baptismal prayer again it went perfect haha. Such an incredible experience! They got up and shred their testimonies afterwards and both were awesome. Nicole sang a song called "I will follow Jesus" it's a non-denominational hymn I had never heard but it was sure awesome. Then Lorenzo shared his conversion story and how he told us from the beginning that he is convinced that everyone will be a Mormon eventually haha. Then we went out to eat at an Indian restaurant that was awesome, I didn't realize how much I like Indian food haha. Sunday was of course an awesome Mother's day because of many reasons haha. It started off with church, where both the Giacomini's got confirmed and then Lorenzo received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of a Priest, meaning he can bless the sacrament now (we'll get to do that with him next Sunday). We also had a family we were teaching come to church for the first time and they thought it was sweet! So hopefully they come back next week as well! After church I got to Skype home and talk to my family for a bit and that was super sweet! They looked great and it was so good to get to talk to them again. It is crazy to think that this was my last call home on my mission. Missions go by so fast! It was awesome getting to wish my Mom a happy mother's day over video chat though! I got to have a nice little tour of the house too and it looks great, especially our backyard haha I miss our pool! Well I have to get running. Another busy week ahead! It'll be another great one! I've attached a few of the pictures from the baptism from Elder Rasmussen's camera. I hope you all have had an awesome wee as well though! I love and miss all of you and will talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment