Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another great week! 5/20

It was another great but busy week here! It was a weird week though because I spent most of it not in my area haha. We had quite a bit of exchanges this past week, some planned and some emergency. Each time I got to go to the new area for the day though, I always really enjoy that, I just get to hang out in the sort of back-seat mode while the other missionary runs the area for the day and I just help with the talking to everyone and the teaching haha. It's a nice stress reliever for me! One of our exchanges was with the Assistants, which is always sweet because they have the best beds in the mission haha, I slept great! We did have some great lessons though and met some really sweet people on the street. We spent everyday this past week down in the "Hoodbridge" part of Woodbridge haha. It's a very low income area but the people are great! I'm sure I've mentioned it in previous emails, (I'll attach a picture) but it is a sweet place! We also got to do a pretty fun skit this past week about praying for missionary opportuities and the difference it makes in finding people who are prepared for to recieve the Gospel. We bought a white shirt from wal-mart and some gold metallic spray paint and painted the shirt completely gold, which worked a lot better than we thought it was going to haha. And then we put all the things people find/see in a "Golden contact" on peices of paper and taped it all over the shirt, things like: "I wish my family could be together for ever", "Give me a Book of Mormon plz", "I wish I was a Mormon, and "Go BYU/Utes" haha Elder Rasmussen is a die hard Utes fan. So we played out a scenario where at first we had another missionary pretend to be a person passing by on the street but just in normal clothes, we had kind of a standard conversation and then went on our way. Then we practiced the scenario again as if we had prayed for missionary opportunities beforehand and he came in wearing the Gold shirt and wen around the room talking to everyone about how much he wishes someone would talk to him about a church haha we picked a guy from the zone who used to do a lot of acting to do it so he was perfect haha. We did it at a half-mission conference and everyone really seemed to like it. Overall it was a very good week though! Even with all of the busy-ness and emergency exchange haha (there were just some companions in the stake that weren't getting along at all). But it is very hot and humid here! Summer is definately setting in. We are supposed to have a ton of rain this week though and so that is causing alot of the humidity. Hopefully we get some good thunderstorms! Well I hope you are all having a great week wherever you are! I love and miss you all lots and I'll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment