Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Still in here in Quantico and in Quantico I'll Stay! (5/27 email)

Well it sure has been an eventful week! A great week as well. The biggest news is that I found out that I will be staying here in Quantico at least another transfer! Which means that I will also be going to the Richmond Virginia mission on July 1st! Exciting for sure! It will be a bummer to leave behind a lot of DC South but it will be great to see some new places for the last bit of my mission. The mission is huge though! It's about 8 times the size of DC South from what it looks like on LDS.org. So it'll be exciting to be able to serve there. So normally we don't find out our transfers until Tuesday night but Elder Rasmussen found out a little early this time because he was called to be the assistant to President Riggs up in Burke, so he got picked up on Sunday after church and I'm with a temporary companion here in Quantico until Thursday when I get my regular companion. He is going to be a great AP (assistant to the pres.) though! He'll be doing lots of training and speaking to the mission now so I'll still get to see him pretty often until July 1st haha. I also got an exciting opportunity this past Saturday to go back to the Sterling park ward and watch a guy that I taught when I served in that ward get baptized, it was so awesome! His name is Sergio Arraya and he had been learning about the church for 4 or 6 years now and he finally decided to get baptized! It was sweet! So Elder McGoffin and I got to be companions again for the day and go back to visit the area. That was surreal haha, it felt like we had gone back in time, the guy that would usually give us a ride around picked us up and took us so it was pretty much the exact same situation that we were in a year ago in the same place haha. There was a total of about 14 missionaries that had taught Sergio that came back for the baptism, it was just like a mission reunion haha. 3 of the missionaries that were there were even returned missionaries from the beginning of my mission that I hadn't seen in forever! They all had gone home my first or second transfer so they'd been home about a year and a half. It was good to get to see them again and all the members of the ward one last time before the mission splits. My temporary companion is named Elder Springer, he is an awesome guy, him and I get along great. He is from Oregon and has only been out about 3 months is all so he is brand new! His companion just had to go home because of medical issues so he was stuck with a temporary companionship too and with Elder Rasmussen getting transferred he got moved over here instead, so it has been even crazier of a week for him haha. Overall this week was great though! Some awesome experiences and we taught more lessons this week than any other week so far in my entire mission, haha we were so busy! I hope each of you have had a great week as well! That's about all the update I have time for this week! I love and miss you all though and I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment