Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Letter from December 19th

Man It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas already! Time is starting to go by pretty quick out here haha. This past week was pretty rough as far as meeting with people goes. It seemed like everybody was dodging us for the most part. But three members of the Campbell family who we started teaching came to church with us so that was sweet! Crazy that they've had the missionaries coming over to their house since 2005 and they hadn't been to church once haha but now they have! We are going to head over to their house this week to see what they thought of it but while they were there they seemed to really enjoy it. The dad, Ron, said he wants us to come over either tonight or tomorrow night so he can talk to us about it so that's a good sign for sure haha. Man thanks to everyone for the Christmas packages and letters so far though! I've been waiting to open them until Christmas haha I'm really excited for that. My watch broke this week though! I'm not sure what happened to it. I went to bed one night and then I woke up the next morning and the seconds hand just freezes randomly now so by the end of the day its like 3 hours behind haha. But we found a family in our ward who is going to let us use their home to skype call on Christmas! They didn't tell us what time to come over but I imagine it'll be sometime after our church ends on Sunday which will be about 12 our time. We got invited to some other members house for Christmas dinner too so that should be alot of fun. They are a Filipino family so of course they are always very generous to us haha I think that's just a natural Filipino thing haha. Christmas eve we are going to the bishops house for dinner too so that should be alot of fun. Our ward has really started to give us alot more support lately so that's good haha. We have had people signed up for dinner most nights now haha. We had a White elephant gift exchange with our zone today though, that was quite a bit of fun haha. I found a sweet porcelain statue of a cat at goodwill for like 4 bucks that made a sweet gift haha. One of the sister missionaries in our zone ended up getting it haha. I got a bit bucket of pretzel sticks for my gift haha it should last me quite awhile. Elder Hanson has been down with the flu quite a bit this week so we've been giving him some extra time to rest in the mornings and I read a really sweet book I found in our apartment by Henry Eyring. It's called reflections of a scientist (I guess he was a very well known lds scientist, he's President Eyring's grandpa) and it talks alot about how he believes that science and the Gospel actually compliment each other and build faith rather than clash with one another. He had alot of good points about the creation and prophets and things. It was a great book haha. I've also been learning how to sew a bit because the seams underneath my pockets have been starting to tear and Elder Hansons last companion was like an expert on sewing so he's been teaching me how to do it haha. The lessons we were able to get in with our investigators this week though have gone really well. Our area is really progressing great, it's just hard to schedule times to meet with people during this time of the year. So we've been knocking alot of doors and man the odds are really against us there haha they say 1 in every 1000 doors you knock on will let you in and 1 out of every 100 people that let you in will ask you to come back again haha. So basically we have like a 1 in 10,000 chance of finding someone to teach by knocking on their door haha but that doest stop us one bit haha. Well that about wraps it up for the week. I hope everybody has a merry Christmas and I'll talk to you all next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment