Saturday, April 7, 2012

Conference Weekend!

So our highlight from the past week was definitely general conference! Man wasn't that awesome? I've decided that as a missionary I must just be a much better listener haha I think I took like 11 or 12 pages worth of notes this time compared to my previous record of 0 haha. A lot of those talks really stuck out to me and I'm going to do my best to apply them to me as much as possible. If any of you guys missed any sessions of it I'd definitely watch them when you've got some time on lds.org. Outside of conference though we had a pretty good week overall. Unfortunately not a ton of progression by our investigators and we actually had one end up in jail for a bit haha. But we had an
awesome lesson with these two teenagers we are teaching and they watched conference on Sunday too. I really think they are starting to see how important the Gospel is and especially how it can help them both have happier lives, so super cool haha. Also this week we had a plethra of lessons with less actives and recent converts. Especially a good amount with these two people who were baptised on Christmas eve last year and have since fallen away. So that was great. Unfortunately I didn't get any good April fools jokes in this yeareither :( so lame! I've got a sweet fake solid ceramic egg that Lauren gave us that I've been waiting to get Elder Anderson to try and crack but the opportunity hasn't came up yet... so it'll be a delayed April fools joke haha. thank you to everyone who sent me packages this week too! I'll be able to send you guys more personal thank yous as well but I can't say thanks enough for them. It really means a lot to me.
Well I suppose that really that's about it from this past week haha. I hope all is well with everyone back home! Oh and before I forget I have a quick little favorite quote from conference that is from
President Uchdorff "Sometimes we must step blindly into the darkness, having faith that God will place solid ground under our feet when we do." Well once again I hope everyone has a great week and I'll give you guys an update next Monday!
A real quick little video that I found this past week during our Mormon.org time I thought you guys would like:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/EMwKxmTLaCs?rel=0
hopefully that works haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment