Monday, June 25, 2012

Last Email From Sterling Park

Well Transfers have come again and this time it's finally come my time to leave Sterling. It's been awesome being able to spend so much time here though, it really is a great place. It's crazy to think that 1/4 of my entire mission was spent here haha I feel like I have only been here like 1 month tops! I wish I could stay longer but it sounds like the Lord needs someone else here instead. It shows how good of a missionary Elder McGoffin is though because he'll be taking over the area after only being here for a total of 5 weeks! He'll do a great job though. This transfer was a little bit different than normal though because of the Albrights going home this transfer, so they shortened it to only 5 weeks instead of 6 and lengthened the next to 7 weeks to make up for it. So wherever I go next I'll be there for atleast 7 weeks I guess haha. It's definately sad to see the Albrights go though. They have touched so many people's hearts during their three years here. We had a departing fireside thing with all the missionaries this past Friday so everyone would get a chance to give them a hug and say godbye. That was really awesome, such a spirit filled meeting. The Assistants to the President (AP's) put together a huge picture of the Washington DC temple for them that was made completely out of all the pictures of each missionary in the past 3 years and each baptism that had happened while they were here as well. It was incredible! I think Sister Albright put up a picture of it on the mission blog. Then on Sunday night we had our departing missionary fireside for the missionaries going home this transfer, including the Albrights, that everyone was invited to (members, non members, missionaries, anybody who knew the Albrights). There were only 10 missionaries going home including the Albrights but the entire Chapel was filled and so was the full gym behind it. Clear from the podium all the way back to the stage peoplehad come to say goodbye to these 10 missionaries, man it was awesome! All the missionaries who were leaving gave great words of advice. I had servered around almost all of them at one point or another too so it was really special actually knowing each of them. It will definately be hard seeing each of them go, along with the Albrights. This week we will have President Riggs come in from AZ though and I'm sure he will do a great job as well. I'm sure there will be a ton of changes coming though haha. It should be a week of lots of new things happening though! Tuesday I'll be in a new area with a new companion and Thursday we'll get a brand new mission president! So it should be a pretty crazy week all around haha. Well I hope everyone had a great week as well! I'll have a lot to update on next week for sure haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment