Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Busy busy week 4/23/13

Man this past week has been packed!! So packed that we had to move our emailing to today, bummer for sure! Transfers are always a crazy week for us though because we get put in charge with making sure everybody gets back to their new areas and gets situated, it's a awesome couple of days filled with phone calls from missionaries about questions if they just took a second to think about they would already know what to do haha but they call us instead. Now I know why my Mom got mad at me for all the times I would buzz into her office at work for easy questions I should have figured out on my own haha. But I am still here in Quantico with Elder Rasmussen! Which is awesome! I was so glad to stay in the area and I'm glad Elder Rasmussen and I will get to work together some more! It was a rough week for lessons due to all the meetings and missionary business we had to do, but things are going lots better so far this week! We had to spend another full day in the Mechanics this past week as well, for the same thing we were there for just a few weeks back! and now we will be going back for the same thing again this week... lame! The brakes on our car are not doing so hot haha. Or I suppose they are doing too hot really, the new pads they put in last time were put in wrong so they just rubbed constantly on our rotors and caused them to overheat and warp, so this past time we had to wait 5 and 1/2 hours in their little lobby while they replaced our pads, rotors, and calipers, the longest day of my life! And since then the brakes have been sounding even worse haha so we will be back in there in a few days, bleh. If this place didn't have to keep doing it for free because they did it wrong we would definitely find a new mechanic haha. Luckily though we are missionaries so we are involved in a work every day that makes all the frustrating times melt away! haha. The people we are teaching are all doing great! Lorenzo and Nicole who were going to get baptized this upcoming weekend had to move their baptism to the 11th of May for a few reasons but they are solidly set for then! We can't wait! It was announced in church this past Sunday and everything so they are excited and ready! We also met a new couple that we are teaching this past week from Nigeria, they are way sweet! They loved the message we shared about the restoration and loved the book of Mormon! In fact they stopped us and asked us if they could come to church with us like halfway through our lesson haha. African people are the coolest! We have lots of great lessons lined up for this upcoming week as well! It's always a good week in Quantico! Well I hope that each of you are having a great week as well and I'll talk to you next Monday! I love and miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment